Sunday 16 March 2014

Welcome to my new blog

We sit silently and watch the world around us. This has taken us a life time to learn.... for silence is pure. Silence is holy. It draws people together...... this is the great paradox

                                                                                                        Nicholas Sparks

Welcome, to my new blog.
 I am here to share My Creative moments in my Art Journals.
I am new to Art Journalling and I hope to be able to share with you my Creative ways to who I am, through my creative experiences. I am hoping  to learn many new techniques by following On-line challenges and any inspiration that comes my way.


I am hoping to find a deeper self through exploration of a new way to journal keeping. I have kept Journals since I was eleven years old, with pages and pages of writing. But since discovering Other on-line Artistic journals I have now found a fun way to document my life
I Hope you are able to enjoy this journey with me.


Journaling is a Journey of the spirit.


What is Courage and why do we need it in Art Journals?


Courage – Emotional strengths that involve the exercise of will to accomplish goals in the face of opposition, external or internal




A Journal awakens the heart, mind and spirit to new experiences and new horizons. Through the decision to start a journal to are deciding to find COURAGE to start. Courage to share your ideas, thoughts,feelings, prayers, gratitudes to paper. It takes courage then to share these pages with others. Courage in fighting your demons of feeling not good enough and Courage to face yourself.

Keeping a journal is not intended to save time, but rather to savour time. While making a journal can take time it is a time of exhilaration, a feeling of being free and illuminating. Even thought it takes time Remember you are worth that time. Devote time to discover the inner you, It is not selfish to take time out, its a time to find your selfness.

As Socrates recommends 'Know thyself''

and Shakespeare cautioned ' To thine own self be true...'

And the greatest thing about art journals is There are no Rules,(except for a simple one) and there are no Mistakes.It's a place of self-expression.
 And you have a choice of whether you share a little, all or none of your journal. but the simple rule you need to know is HAVE FUN!

Thank you for taking time to visit my blog and sharing my journey with me.



Here are some links to exploring Art Journaling.




http://journal52.com/

http://kindawonderful.typepad.com/pink_paper_peppermints/




and here you will find visual inspiration and links to many journals

No comments:

Post a Comment